Updated GDPR Privacy Statement
GDPR - PROCESSING OF DATA AND PRIVACY
The GDPR is an EU regulation providing
revised requirements for organisations
the personal data of individuals within the EU, and therefore applies to
It is very important to Southern
Monitoring Services Limited (SMS) and Northern Monitoring Services (NMS) that
your data and that of your customers is protected.
To comply with the GDPR, there must be
a lawful basis for us to collect, process and store any personal data that you
provide us with. For Customers of Southern Monitoring Services Limited (SMS)
and Northern Monitoring Services (NMS), the contract with yourself for the
provision of Alarm Monitoring provides this basis, including but not limited to
fault reporting and access to particular services, such as our web portal.
For your information, the data
provided by you that we hold includes, but is not limited
to, the following:
Company information of SMS/NMS
Customers and End-users
Name, address and contact details;
legal ownership and registration details; trading premises; company background;
company activity; opening hours; supporting evidence.
Contact information of
Customers and End-Users
Contact name, job title,
business/residential address, business/residential phone number/mobile
Call recordings, alarm and activity
logs and CCTV footage of customers or end-users through monitoring contracts
with SMS and NMS.
We need to store this information so
we can work with you throughout the duration of the contract and undertake
activities such as alarm handling, out of hours co-ordination, debt collection,
answering queries and complaints and the purposes of identification
All information gathered is retained
confidentially by SMS and NMS throughout the lifetime of the approval and then
for the minimum legal requirement thereafter or as long as is required. We may
be asked to disclose your information without your consent if we are
required to comply with a legal obligation (such as a criminal
We know the issues of privacy and
security matter to you as a customer and rank high in terms of your vendor
selection criteria. That's why, in addition to GDPR compliance, we are
also in the process of becoming ISO 27001 certified.
If you have any questions about the
information that SMS and NMS is required to hold, wish to request access or
changes to your data, or your customer requires the same, please contact
Legal & Privacy Statement
terms and conditions
Important Legal Information This website and its contents from time to time ("Site") are available to users only on the terms appearing below.
Southern Monitoring Services Limited This site belongs to Southern Monitoring Services Limited, a company registered in England under number 1711464 and whose registered office is Security House, 212-218 London Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7AJ England ("SMS"). The legal information appearing below is provided by SMS for the benefit of SMS itself and also its officers, employees and agents and affiliates and their officers, employees and agents from time to time.
Company Information Southern Monitoring Services Limited Registered Office: 212-218 London Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7AJ VAT No. for all companies: 381 0115 91
Information and Disclaimers SMS uses reasonable care to make sure that the information appearing on this Site is accurate and up-to-date. However, errors and omissions do occur and the information may not be complete or up-to-date. Therefore the user should not take the accuracy of the information for granted. Any specific facts should be checked directly with SMS. None of the material contained in this Site (nor any omission from it) can be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact, and does not and will not form part of any contract. SMS has no control over the use to which the information may be put by the user and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss, cost or liability, of whatever nature (including, without limitation, any loss of profits or opportunity or direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with use of such information. The statutory rights of a customer dealing with SMS as a consumer are unaffected.
Hypertext Links SMS cannot and has not reviewed all of the sites linked on this Site, and shall not be liable for their content. Users link to other sites at their own risk and use such sites according to the terms and conditions of use of such sites.
Transmitted Material Any material or information transmitted to or posted to this Site by users will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disclosed or disseminated or stored or used by SMS for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and selling software and products. Do not post or transmit to or from this Site any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or offensive or damaging material (including, without limitation, any computer "virus") or any other material which could give rise to any civil or criminal liability in the territory to which this Site relates.
Viruses SMS uses reasonable care to ensure that it does not create, replicate or transfer any computer viruses. However, viruses unfortunately exist, they are not always easy to identify and new and previously unknown viruses are continually being created and transferred. Accordingly, no guarantee can be given that this website and any software, email or program from SMS is virus free. Users and recipients are advised to take their own precautions as SMS accepts no liability in this regard.
Copyright SMS gives permission to copy materials appearing on this Site and any related graphics provided that any such copies are only used in SMS commercial interests and the copyright notice shown below appears in all copies. This permission may be withdrawn at any time and for any reason. © SMS 2018 Where third party material appearing in this Site is used, copied or repeated the prior written consent of the owner of the copyright in that material must be obtained and the copyright notice pertaining to that third party material must appear on all copies.
Trademarks The trade marks and logos ("Trademarks") used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of SMS and others and may not be used in any advertising or other publicity materials in relation to the display of any information or materials obtained from this Site without the prior written consent of the Trademark owner.
Data Protection Act 1998 SMS regards the lawful and correct treatment of any personal information as very important, not only for our own efficient operations but to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal. We therefore fully endorse and adhere to the legal obligations and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.We will only use the information you provide to us on this form in order to identify and inform you about our products and future promotions which maybe of interest to you. By completing these details you agree that we can contact you to advise you of such matters, however you can contact us on 0844 871 2223 at any time to request that we no longer send you this type of information. Any information you give us will be held securely and not disclosed to anyone outside of SMS or used for any purpose other than as stated above.
Your Rights You have the right to request (on payment of a fee) copies of personal records about you, which are held by us along with details of whom we may have supplied the information to and from whom we have received information about you. We can supply a form for you to submit such a request, which is obtainable from the Company's Data Protection Officer at the SMS registered office. 14.1.3 a winding up petition (if a company) or a bankruptcy petition (if an individual) is presented against the Buyer; or 14.1.4 the Buyer ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business; or 14.1.5 the Seller reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly; 14.2 If this clause applies then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Goods have been delivered and/or the Services performed but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary
2018 Customer Survey Prize
Terms and Conditions
Summary Terms and Conditions:
GB and Northern Ireland, 18+ only. Enter between: 1 February 2018 and 31 March 2018 inclusive. Normal entry restrictions apply. No purchase necessary, entry is only available at the web address below. To Enter: Enter your details to be entered into a draw to win a tablet. The Prize: A tablet to the value of £250. Visit https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RXCQ5QM for Full details, Promoter: Southern Monitoring Services Limited.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland aged 18 or over, excluding anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. Promotion Period: Enter between 6.00am BST on 1 January 2018 and 23.59pm GMT on 31 March 2018.
3. No purchase is necessary, entry is only available at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RXCQ5QM. A valid email address, company and contact name is required.
4. To Enter:
a. England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales: Simply enter your details at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RXCQ5QM.
5. One entry per person throughout the Promotion Period. A person is defined by the same name, email address, postal address and mobile number. The first entry of a person registered as a winner will be the only prize you receive.
6. All entries must be received by the end of the promotion period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
7. Gifts and Prizes:
a. Prize Draw Prize : 1 x tablet or similar device to the value of £250.
8. The Prize is non-transferable, are not exchangeable and have no cash or other alternative in whole or in part.
9. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Gift or Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
10. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any third-party products or services.
11. Winner Selection
a. Prize Draw Prize : All valid entries received, will be entered into the prize draw, by the Promoter during the Promotion the prize draw will be conducted on Tuesday 17 April, by an individual not employed by Southern Monitoring Services Limited.
12. Winner Notification:
a. Prize Draw Prize : The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the draw and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternative entrant selected in the same manner.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
14. All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
15. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of or non-receipt of entries. The Promoter is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software or entry to be received by the Promoter or an entrant because of technical problems.
17. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or claimant in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused, including in respect of any Prizes, costs, expenses, forfeited Prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
18. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
19. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
20. The Prize Draw winner will be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
21. If you are the winner of the Prize Draw Prize, you agree that the Promoter may use your name and county of residence to announce the Prize Draw Prize winner of this Promotion.
22. The name and county of the Prize Draw Prize winner will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to Southern Monitoring Services Limited, at the address listed above which will be available 1 month after the close of the promotion for 4 weeks.
23. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
24. All taxes incurred as a result of the prize offered in this promotion are the sole responsibility of the winner
25. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
26. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the details in any promotional material, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
27. The Terms and Conditions of this Promotion shall be interpreted and applied on the basis of English Law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
28. Promoter: Southern Monitoring Services Limited, 212-218 London Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7AJ